Monday, March 7, 2011

Slow!

Well this blogging isn't that frequent from me at the moment.  I spend far too long perusing the many blogs I have in my favourites. 
Not much progress to report on the crocheting but a few photos...
...this is Crochet Corner or Hook Haven...haven't decided which one I like best.  Could I come up with any more alliterative name ideas?  This spot is more of a decorative feature as it isn't the most comfortable chair to nestle into and really get on with serious hooking time.  That tends to take place in a corner of the L-shape sofa.  However, it is rather comforting to look at with the baskets of WIP...

...this is the collection of yarn which is now making up the Granny Stripe-all of Lucy's collection in her colour choices but I suspect very different in the combination of colours in the rows.  It started of well and over half term week I achieved most of this....
...I'm mighty proud of it so far.
But then I stumbled across The Flower CAL and my attentions and focus on the Stripe have been somewhat diverted to this...

...the flower motif which has hit the crochet blogsphere by storm it would seem.  This is my very first attempt following a diagram pattern no less- and me an amateur!   It was pretty easy going doing it all in one colour but 3 colours is what I intend to make them in...

...and these two beauties are the very beginnings of possibly a shawl/wrap rather than a blanket.  Blues will again be my main wardrobe colour theme for the summer this year so it will do nicely thank you in a combination of some of these blues and greys!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooooo a Lucy blanket!! Amazing, I can't wait to have the time and wool to make that!!

    Although, I thought we could talk more by email re christmas swap :) here is mine hazelmct@yahoo.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo hooky heaven!
    Thanks for leaving a lovely comment over at the Priddy Priddy blog giveaway
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave me a comment-I'd love to hear from you!