Monday, September 5, 2011

Woo-hoo!

Yikes...I am terrible at this blogging myself but far too good at reading those of others. 

Well the summer holidays have passed again and it is back to school for me.  Feeling fairly organised for this starting academic year but the pressure will be on.  I need to be disciplined at getting the marking done in school time (or as much as is possible) and be super organised with the teaching resources I need for lessons!  Diary and new diary/notebook by my side with lists to draw up and then gleefully tick off!  Oh such aspirations.

Finished my Japanese flower motif wrap this summer...I'm rather pleased with it although haven't yet worn it out for any type of occasion.  Am just over half way through the Granny Stripe blanket and it is looking G-O-O-D!  However, I couldn't resist starting another crochet project...the flowers in the snow blanket albeit in the cream for me...white although lovely...maybe a little stark for my colour scheme.  Pictures to follow.

I also (with oodles of sewing help from my talented Mum) have made great leaps forward with my quilt of reds.  The squares sewn in 4s adorn my little spare room/crafting space ready to be sewn together to make the quilt topping...I am L-I-K-I-N-G it very much.



The quilt in reds laid out for sewing together

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have just found out through Laalaa that you are my christmas decoration swap partner :) here is my crafty blog http://hazelscrochet.blogspot.com/

    Your japanese flower motifs are beautiful! The quilt is also stunning!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave me a comment-I'd love to hear from you!